Have questions aBOUT WEB DESIGN? I think I can help.
+ WHAT PLATFORM DO YOU USE?
Recently I started to exclusively use Square Space for multiple reasons, both most importantly because of you! I'm a proud Squarespace Circle member, which also means my client's get 20% off!
- I like to say that Square Space is a MAC vs. Wix is to a PC. Most of the platform relies on common sense (but also allows for custommization through coding when you want it). It is a fairly simple platform once you get familiar with it. Drop & Drag, baby.
- You are the most important part of this process, Square Space is relatively easier for the end user to go into and make changes in the future without feeling as if you need to hire me or someone else again.
- Beautiful, seemless designs and two simple words, MOBILE READY.
+ WHY SQUARE SPACE?
They provide both web hosting and domain hosting, connect to G Suite (email & drive), MailChimp, Google Analytics, Amazon Associates, Unsplash FREE stock photos, Analytics and they have E-Commerce with Stripe payments and Shipstation to get your goods shipped. Kind of all in one shop.
+ HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE
It's not 1990 anymore, Square Space websites are reasonably quicker on turn around and won't take 1 year to build from the ground up. I aim to finish a project in 6 weeks, but it truly depends on how quickly you are able to put together all the content I need, such as images and copy and we can work out a site architecture.
+ SO, WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BASE PLAN?
- Up to 8 fully customized + styled pages
- Mobile Optimized design
- Basic Squarespace SEO implementation
- Social Feeds implemented
- 1 hour in person training on how to use your new site
- E-Commerce optional add-on
+ WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
REPEAT AFTER ME, DO NOT GET OVERWHELMED.
1. WEB BRIEFING QUESTIONAIRE I will send you a questionnaire, sort of a "Me getting to know You". It will ask about the website, who we are trying to impress, it's purpose, what you are doing, others sites you like and an architecture grid (layout of pages). This is a hard one for people to swallow as it asks some things you have or have not thought about with the business, but are IMPORTANT to me and the purpose of your site.
2. SHARING IS CARING Next you will receive:
- GDOC: all passwords(social media, old domain providers, new sqaure space account), company details, site architecture, website copy
- DropBox: any previous branding guides, fonts I need, photos, logos
- Links to: Unsplash Stock Photos
3. STYLE GUIDE & SITE ARCHITECTURE:
Once I receive back the BRIEFING, I'll start developing a brand style guide for your new website with fonts, colors and signature elements like patterns or photo style and define the navigation structure for your new website with a chosen SS template.
4. BUILDING YOUR SITE
After we’ve agreed on the style guide, website structure and template I set up the development environment and start building your homepage. I will design and develop your content in Square Space, install plug-ins and widgets, contact forms and more juicy techy stuff
cue the wine... it's time for you to sit back and relax while I design the rest of your new site!
5. TESTING & GOING LIVE
When I’m done putting everything together you’ll get a preview link and we test everything, fix what needs to be fixed , add some last-minute things or take stuff out and... whaaaa bam go live!
>6. AFTER CARE After your website is live I’m not going to leave you stranded. I’ll show you how everything works in a 1- hour tutorial so you can update it yourself, and I’m available to help and support you.
+ WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
I don't have mind reader on my CV, so best that you have all the words (copy) on the G-Doc I provide and you can guide me where (site architecture) the copy will reside. I will need your client briefing questionnaire (see process above if you don't know what this is). This is an important thing for me so I know I'm building a website for the potential earth loving, foodies in upstate NY and not your grandmother's yoga & knitting club in Naples.
+ HOW DO I PAY?
You will pay in 3 installments. The first payment is due before we start, the second after your homepage is finished and the third after the website is live. You’ll receive an invoice for each payment that you can pay through Venmo or Personal Check (if you're old school like my mom).
+ THIS IS ALL GREAT, HOW DO I START?
Send me an email, and we'll meet for a coffee. My favorite part is getting to know you so I have the correct direction/brand vision for the project, a clear line of communication and you know that I'm not some total geek who sits in a dark room with big headphones drinking Monster.
More specific questions
+ HOW MUCH DOES SQUARE SPACE COST?
You can check out Squarespace's pricing here BUT - great news - since I'm a Square Space Cicle memmber and we're working together you get an extra 20% off that price for the first year!
This hosting cost is not included in the website package price
+ I ALREADY HAVE A DOMAIN.
Great! You are already half there. We can either work with mapping your old domain to your new site or do a transfer to Square Space where then all your billing will be housed with them.
+ WILL YOU DO ANY SEO?
Yes! Basic Squarespace SEO implementation will be included for each page. I will also be tagging all site images with keywords to help with search results as well as adding keywords to page headings and URLs.
+ WHAT DOES AN E-COMMERCE SITE INCLUDE?
Adding e-commerce capabilities includes shop setup + design, up to 10 individual product pages setup + design, invoice, receipts and customer email templates setup, and the checkout page design.
Looking for next steps?